Search This Blog

Sunday, March 3, 2013

Rice Flour Mix

Rice Flour Mix     

Makes 4 cups

This is a Rice Flour mix you can substitute equal amounts for wheat flour in quick breads, pancakes, biscuits, crackers and drop cookies.  Some recipes may require additional xanthan gum be added.

1 cup brown rice flour
1 1/4 cup white rice flour
1/4 cup potato starch
2/3 cup tapioca starch
3/4 cup sweet sorghum flour or sweet rice flour
1/3 cup arrowroot starch
2 tsp xanthan gum

Sift together once, Sift together twice.  Sift together a third time into an air tight container.  Stir it up before each use and measure using the spooning method.   (This means you use a spoon to spoon the mix into your measure cup vs dipping the measuring cup into the mix.)

Updated 3/24/13
Storage: I find when I am out of the mix, I can make up this batch and it makes enough for muffins or cookies and the rest will fit into a quart jar for another 1 or 2 recipes.  I store all my flours and starches in quart jars with lids and rings to keep the bugs out.  I cut the store packaging title out and tape it onto the front of the jar and then in sharpie marker write the contents of the jar on the lid.  I store the jars on the bottom shelf of the twirly in my cupboard.  I can look down and see the jar I need from the top.


No comments:

Post a Comment